Call for Papers
The Association for Information Systems’ Special Interest Group on Decision Support and Analytics (SIGDSA) is seeking forward-thinking research in the areas of data analytics and business intelligence, with a special focus on understanding the applications and issues associated with supporting greater connectivity between people and “things” on the basis of meaningful data analytics. Top submissions will be fast-tracked to one of the journals listed in the submissions section.
As businesses continue to derive value from data analytics, the explosive growth in big data, fueled in part, by the digital ubiquity of the Internet of Things (IoT), social media, and technology-facilitated human networks, presents new opportunities and challenges. Research is needed to examine the role of data and analytics in enabling meaningful networking, harnessing new business and societal opportunities through massive data sharing, leading to deeper understanding of the implication of unlimited connectivity across organizational boundaries and disparate datasets. The research is also due to societal, organizational and individual issues flowing from the creation of “anytime/anywhere” connectedness and the abundance of data. Additionally, applying a fundamental understanding of human decision making theories and established principals of decision support systems and approaches – we recognize the need to lift the current body of knowledge in this area in order to come up with robust new business models and technical architectures that may transform organizations and societies leveraging connected data and analytics.
This research track aims to promote computational, theoretical (mathematical or social sciences driven) as well as empirical studies in the areas of data analytics, big data and their various applications in different domains. We seek comprehensive Completed Research or early stage Research-in-Progress papers on topics including, but not limited to:
- Data analytics in various business sectors (e.g., financial services, manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical, healthcare, government, agribusiness, hospitality and entertainment, supply chain, etc.)
- Big data and organizational transformation
- Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and active learning methodologies and applications for decision support
- Social media and marketing analytics
- Network and collaborative analytics for decision support
- Analytics connecting data and processes (e.g., process mining)
- Data analytics for sustainability (e.g., data analytics and operational sustainability practices for sustainable business management, big data and social media analytics for business to business sustainability, big data and predictive analytics capability for supply chain sustainability, orchestrating data analytics capability for sustainability, etc.)
- Analytics using IoT devices such as wearables, RFID, etc.
- Data mining with blockchains and cryptocurrencies
- Data analytics and business intelligence theory and applications
- Innovative data-driven decision support tools and techniques
- Data analytics in behavioral research
- Predictive, descriptive and prescriptive approaches to analytics
- Natural language processing applications
- Data analytics technologies and applications
- Risks and benefits of interconnected decision-making
(e.g., privacy and ethical considerations in the use of data and analytics, dark side of analytics, etc.)
- Data and analytics for diverse societal applications (e.g., smart cities, smart and connected communities, smart health, smart energy management)
- Data and analytics in shaping public policy
- Methodological issues of developing systems based on connected big data
Submission Categories in Research Track
Completed Research Papers
Completed research papers are full-length papers documenting the results of finished research projects. They should be similar to journal submissions, but shorter. They should include analyses and results. Completed research papers must not exceed fourteen (14) single-spaced pages. All text, figures, tables, and appendices must be included within the page limit. The abstract, keywords and references are excluded from this page count.
Research-in-progress papers typically describe work that is promising, but ongoing and incomplete. Research-in-progress papers must not exceed seven (7) single-spaced pages. All text, figures, tables, and appendices must be included within the page limit. The abstract, keywords and references are excluded from this page count.
If accepted, research-in-progress papers will be presented as part of a slam presentation session and an e-poster session.
Submission Template, Submission System, and Awards and Publication Opportunities
- Information about the submission guideline and template and where to submit can be found here.
- Information about the awards and publication opportunities can be found here.
- Information about the important relevant dates can be here.
Research Track Co-Chairs
For questions regarding the submissions to the research track, please contact:
- Ales Popovic, email@example.com, NEOMA Business School, France
- Biljana Mileva Boshkoska, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jožef Stefan Institute
We recommend including the ‘Pre-ICIS SIGDS 2021 Research Track Question’ as your email subject line.