Research Development Workshop for Doctoral Students
This workshop is an opportunity for doctoral students to share their research and receive feedback from leading researchers in the field of decision support, data science, and business analytics.
As part of this session, students working on decision support and analytics related research topics will have an opportunity to present their work to a panel of senior scholars in these areas and they will receive feedback as part of a virtual roundtable discussion.
This workshop will provide scholars with an opportunity to meet and network with established IS researchers as well as early career researchers working in their field of interest.
Prof. Michael Goul Research Development Award
The objective of this award is to encourage doctoral students to present novel and high-quality research ideas. Awards will be given on a competitive basis.
To be considered for the research development award, a student must be:
- A doctoral student in IS or related field in good standing at their institution
- Available to attend and present at the Research Development Workshop at the Pre-ICIS SIGDSA symposium
- All submitted for award consideration will be reviewed by a special SIGDSA committee as designated by the workshop chairs.
Submission Requirements and Format
- Submit a 2-3 pages extended abstract (excluding references) through the submission system.
- Submissions should specify “Research Development Workshop” as the submission type underneath the paper title.
- Submissions must include a title, author names, abstract, and keywords.
- Submissions should one or more sections as relevant to your extended abstract. The extended abstract should outline the motivation for your research, the research objectives, methodology, and expected contribution.
- Information about the submission guideline and template and where to submit can be found here.
- Information about the awards and publication opportunities can be found here.
- Information about the important relevant dates can be here.
Research Development Workshop Co-chairs
For questions regarding the submissions to the doctoral research development workshop, please contact:
- Ciara Heavin, firstname.lastname@example.org, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
- Amit Deokar, Amit_Deokar@uml.edu, University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
We recommend including ‘Pre-ICIS SIGDSA 2021 Doctoral Research Development Workshop’ as your email subject.